Saturday, April 21, 2012

Take Two

Take two.  Looking back at previous entries from this blog (sorry, wise guy, they've been deleted), I think I can do better.  I've learned a thing or two.  I went to culinary school and I've worked in some amazing kitchens.  I've been exposed to better food than I had ever dreamed existed a few years back when I was posting here (thanks, Dani!).  I'm fatter, wiser, and (hopefully) a better writer. 

Mission statement: I want to bring another knowledgeable voice to the bloated world of food bloggery.  I'll document my own cooking when I think I've come up with something worthwhile, I'll comment on cookbooks that I think are valuable, and I will try to look past the fickle hype that plays such a role in the success and failure of restaurants in New York City.  Food is food.  It is not something to be fetishized, and it is not something that is out of anyone's reach.  I want to demystify anything I can on this subject.  I want to present a clearheaded perspective on something that I care about. 

Here I am, people: your ever-so-slightly cynical Brooklyn Slob.

No comments: